YALSA's Electronic Discussion Lists
YALSA hosts several electronic discussion lists on a variety of topics, including YA-YAAC, focusing on programming for and with teens in libraries and YALSA-BK, focusing on literacies and reading. To see a full list of electronic discussion lists hosted by YALSA, please visit our Electronic Discussion Lists page. Before posting to any of these lists, please read the policies and procedures.
The following instructions for subscribing, unsubscribing, changing your the way you receive email, and updating your address apply to all YALSA email lists.
Note: To send an email to any list, you must be a subscriber. The address you use to send email must match the email address that you used to subscribe to the list. Therefore, if your email address changes in anyway, you should make sure to update your email address using the instructions on this page.
- Visit http://lists.ala.org/sympa/lists/divisions/yalsa
- Select the email discussion list that most interests you.
- On the left, select "Subscribe."
- Provide your email address.
- Check your email, then add the password that is sent to you to create your account. The email with your new password will come from "SYMPA" and will have a subject line referring to ALA Mailing Lists. You will want to check your junk mail.
- Once you've added your password, click "Your Preferences" on the upper left to manage your account, change your password, or update your email address.
To update your account:
- Visit http://lists.ala.org.
- Log in by entering your email address and password on the upper right.
- Make any changes as necessary to your email address or password. If your email address has changed, you must update it through your preferences to continue to send and receive email from the list.
To change the way you receive email:
- Log in at http://lists.ala.org
- Click on the name of the list you've subscribed to.
- Click "Subscriber Options"
- To receive every email as it's sent, choose "Standard (direct reception)"
- To receive an email as a digest, sent daily, choose "Digest MIME format"
- To stop email while you are out of the office, choose "No Mail (Useful for vacations)"
- Click "Update"
- Repeat for every list to which you've subscribed.
To unsubscribe from lists:
- From the email address with which you subscribed to the list, send an email message to email@example.com
- In the subject line of your email message, type in: unsubscribe nameofthelist (replace 'nameofthelist' by the name of the list you want to unsubscribe from, such as YALSA-BK).
- Leave the message body blank.
- Send the email.
- Do this for each list you'd like to unsubscribe from