HAVE A GREAT IDEA? GET IT PUBLISHED WITH YALSA!
- To supplement your income
- To share new ideas, research, and best practices
- To foster and embrace research and publishing as part of your professional and association culture
- To develop foundations for your professional work
Why publish through YALSA?
- Access: when you publish with YALSA, you will have the association’s resources at your disposal for information gathering, research, and promotion purposes (this includes YALSA’s discussion lists).
- Advertising/Marketing: publishing with YALSA means your work will be promoted and made available via all of ALA’s resources: their Online Store, the bookstore at the ALA conferences, the ALA Editions catalog (over 120,000 copies get mailed quarterly), and more.
- Support: when you publish with YALSA, you will have the support of YALSA staff, who are knowledgeable, friendly, and reliable. They can answer your questions, provide research assistance, and more.
- Giving Back to the Association: in order to stay in good financial standing, an association has to have enough members, continuing education services/products, and publications to be able to support itself and its projects. By publishing through YALSA you are not only enriching the field of young adult library services but are helping sustain the leading association in that field.
Who can publish through YALSA?
- Individual authors
- YALSA Committees
- Both members and non-members of the association
How do I get published by YALSA?
- Submit a publication proposal.
- Discuss publication ideas with any member of the Publications Committee.
- Contact YALSA staff by e mail or by phone: 1-800-545-2433 x4390.
What if my idea is for an article, not a book?
- Submit your idea or completed article to YALSA staff or call 1-800-545-2433 x4390. YALSA has two quarterly publications: Young Adult Library Services & YAttitudes (online).
What is the "right of first refusal?’
YALSA/ALA is the copyright owner of any works produced by a committee and/or its committee members in the course of fulfilling their charge as described by the YALSA Board of Directors. As such, any potential publications directly resulting from committee work MUST be submitted to the Publications Committee of YALSA. If there are any questions about this policy, please consult with the chair of the Publications Committee and/or YALSA staff.