- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
YALSA and Korie Twiggs of the Association of Science – Technology Centers (ASTC) invite you to this program on cultivating and leveraging relationships with museums and science/technology centers in your area to develop connected learning-focused programming. By tapping into your community’s resources, you’ll not only expose your teens to new concepts and allow them to explore their areas of interest, but you can also reach them beyond the boundaries of your library building!
- Discuss strategies for identifying science/technology organizations and centers in your area with whom you can partner
- Identify programming ideas that lend themselves to library/museum partnerships
- Discover ways in which libraries/museums can reach a broader teen audience where they "live" - outside the boundaries of the library
Who Should Attend
- Teen Services Librarians
- Library staff who work with teens
- Volunteers and community members who work with teens
Korie Twiggs, Program Specialist, Association of Science-Technology Centers
YALSA members: Free
Non-Members: Available for purchase on-demand, beginning April 17. Check, money order, purchase order or credit card must accompany order form to purchase recording. Fax registrations are accepted for credit card and purchase orders only
$19 for individual webinar purchase
$49 for a set of any three on-demand webinars
$99 for a group registration (ten logins) for this one webinar
How to Register
YALSA members may register for this webinar using the registration link provided in their weekly YALSA e-news. For questions regarding e-news distribution, please contact Anna Lam, Communications Specialist, at email@example.com.
- Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2; Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise; or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32-bit edition, or 64-bit edition with 32-bit browser)
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows® XP or Windows 7; 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows Vista®
- Mozilla Firefox 2.x or 3.x (first choice); Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8; or Google Chrome (last choice, as it occasionally interferes with speaker microphones)
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or later
- 500MHz PowerPC® G3 or faster or 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.4–10.6 (Intel); Mac OS X v10.4 (PowerPC)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox 2.x or 3x; Safari 2.x; or Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Apple devices: iOS 3 or 4, created for Apple iPhone; compatible with Apple iPad and iPod Touch (3G or 4G connection recommended)
- Android™ devices: Android 2.2; Adobe AIR® for Android; compatible with HTC Nexus One and Motorola Droid (3G or 4G connection recommended)
Adobe Connect runs off a Flash platform. Meeting participants need to set their computer settings to allow plug-ins.
Audio for Connect meetings is provided using VOIP. Meeting participants need to have a computer headset with microphone. Microphones and speakers that are built into computers are usable, but if they are used then other webinar participants in Connect will actually be able to hear people speaking through the computer's speakers as well as through the microphone of the person speaking, which creates an echo or makes the sound quality fuzzy. Here are some better options to explore:
- YALSA staff use this for webinars: http://tinyurl.com/34vueqz
- If you have a head set you use with your phone, this may work, but you’ll want to test it out prior to any official webinar to be sure.
Test Your Connection
Conduct a test to ensure your computer is set up with the appropriate tools to participate in YALSA’s webinar. To do this, click on the Test Meeting Connection URL located here: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
If you have never participated in a webinar before, you can watch an overview of a webinar.
For registration and content questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4390.