This course is not currently being offered as part of this year’s course schedule; however, for groups who have 20 or more individuals interested in taking the course, we can offer it exclusively to your organization!
This YALSA e-course is designed for library staff members who want to learn about new ways to bring more teens into their school or public library with up-to-date programs. The course will cover several types of programming and related elements, including: simple self-running contests, reading celebrations, community partnerships and teen advisory boards. Participants will learn how to develop and implement relevant programming ideas and tailor them to work at their facility.
- Learn how to grow non-programming teen services from successful programs. For example, how to take a successful Poetry Slam and turn it into a poetry collection, teen writing journal, cooperative community event.
- Develop an understanding for possible problems with teen programs and plan for appropriate and flexible responses.
- Create a list of resources for developing teen programs year round at their facility.
- Learn how best to utilize YALSA resources and events such as Teen Read Week and Teen Tech Week
Who Should Attend
- Teen services librarians
- Public library workers
- School library workers
- Any literacy-focused professional who works directly with teens and/or tweens.
Amy Alessio is the Teen Coordinator at the Schaumburg Township District Library. She has worked with teens for the past 12 years.
With a group offering, all registrants, regardless of membership status, will receive the YALSA member rate.
Group offering without CEUs - $155 per person
Group offering with CEUs - $175 per person
How to Register
This course is currently available only as an organization-exclusive offering. For inquiries about how employees at your organization can participate in an offering exclusive to your group, please contact Program Officer, Continuing Education Nicole Gibby-Munguia at email@example.com or 1-312-280-5293.
Payment is accepted via check, money order, purchase order or credit card. Fax registrations are accepted for credit card and purchase orders only.
This e-course is hosted through Moodle.
For organizations requesting an organization-exclusive offering of the course, an application for CEU credits may be filed upon request. This four-week course may be eligible for 1 CEU credit.
Contact Nicole Gibby-Munguia, YALSA's Program Officer, Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5293.