Graphic Novels and Teen Readers
This course is not currently being offered as part of the 2015 course schedule; however, it is available to groups interested in holding a licensed presentation for their organization.
This four-module YALSA online course will introduce those who work with teens and graphic novels to best practices. Each module consists of a weekly reading, an online discussion with instructor and classmates, and supplementary material. There will also be one live chat session – voice or real time text chat.
- Identify graphic novel descriptors, provide examples of each and use in facilitated discussion.
- Identify graphic literacy and text literacy terms and use within appropriate context
- Select manga, nonfiction, or graphic novel and develop presention analyzing text.
- Implement best practices in selecting, accessing, and marketing graphic novels in the library collection
Who Should Attend
- Teen services librarians
- Public library workers
- School library workers
- Literacy-focused professionals who work directly with teens and tweens.
For groups interested in a group-exclusive offering of this course (minimum 15 participants) $155 per person.
How to Register
This course is currently available only as an organization-exclusive offering. For inquiries about how employees at your organization can participate in an offering exclusive to your group, please contact Program Officer, Continuing Education Nicole Gibby-Munguia at email@example.com or 1-312-280-5293.
Registrations are accepted via online registration system, paper registration form, mail, or fax. Check, money order, purchase order or credit card must accompany registration to reserve space in this course.Fax registrations are accepted for credit card and purchase orders only.
This e-course is hosted through Moodle.
For organizations requesting an organization-exclusive offering of the course, an application for CEU credits may be filed upon request. This four-week course may be eligible for 1 CEU credit.
Contact Nicole Gibby-Munguia, YALSA's Program Officer, Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5293.