In 2018 - 2019 YALSA will be offering a series of e-courses focused on leadership, to help library staff advance their leadership skills, regardless of job type or level. Leadership is made up of multiple layers. In fact, in 2016, the Nexus Leading Across Boundaries project released the Layers of Leadership framework. The framework lays out six layers to consider in order to develop leadership skills and take on an active role as a leader in an organization - local, state, regional, national. In this e-learning series, each area of the framework will be explored.
- Building Basic Leadership Skills - 4/30/18-5/27/18 - registration closed
- Next Step Leadership
- Leading Beyond the Library Walls
A limited number of scholarships will be available for individuals who demonstrate a financial need. Please direct questions to: Linda W. Braun, YALSA's CE Consultant, at email@example.com or 917-847-7804
Interested in a Course For Your Organization?
We provide two options:
- The curriculum of any online course from our Course Catalog offered by YALSA can be licensed for an in-person workshop at your organization.
- Online courses from our Course Catalog, where all seats are reserved exclusively for your staff or members, can also be licensed by an organization.
If you are interested in purchasing a course for your organization, please contact Linda W. Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-847-7804. YALSA's courses provide 10 contact hours, or the equivalent of a 1.5-day face-to-face workshop. A certificate of completion is issued when a successfully student completes the course.
YALSA works with institutions to develop the best course possible for each partciular audience and need. We offer courses in a variety of topics including:
- Building Leadership Skills
- Building Diverse Collections
- College Career Readiness
- Community and Family Engagement
- Competencies for Library Staff Serving Teens
- Informal Learning Experiences and Environments
- Outcomes and Assessment
- Teen Growth and Development
- Youth Engagement and Leadership
If there is a topic you are interested in but do not see listed here feel free to get in touch with YALSA's CE Consultant, Linda W. Braun, email@example.com, 917-847-7804.
- "The instructor was really positive and knew her stuff. She was very helpful. The workload was manageable. I learned a lot about using different review sources and what makes a good diverse book. "
- Julie did a great job presenting the material and letting us come up with our interpretations and how to make the ideas work for our community."
- I loved all of the assigned reading and I could tell that the instructor was passionate about serving teens through diverse collections.
Further questions? Please contact Linda W. Braun, 917-847-7804.