YALSA’s National Library Legislative Day Travel Stipend enables up to two qualified recipients to receive up to $1,000 to attend ALA’s National Library Legislative Day, is held in Washington, D.C. each May. Learn more about National Library Legislative Day. Submit your application by December 1.
Note: In light of ALA's Annual Conference, which will take place in Washington, D.C. on June 20-25, 2019, the next National Library Legislative Day will occur in 2020. There will be no stipend for 2019.
Requirements for Applicants
- YALSA personal membership
- No previous attendance at or in-person participation in an ALA Library Legislative Day
1. Submit your application via this official application form.
2. All applicants must be current, personal members of YALSA at the time of application.
3. Applications are due no later than Dec. 1 of each year.
4. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Criteria for Selection:
-Candidate’s desired learning outcomes for attending the event
-Candidate’s financial and professional development needs
-How the applicant intends to use the experience at their home institution
2018 - Kristen Majkut