YALSA’s National Library Legislative Day Travel Stipend enables up to two qualified recipients to receive up to $1,000 to attend ALA’s National Library Legislative Day, is held in Washington, D.C. each May. Learn more about National Library Legislative Day. Submit your application by December 1.
Requirements for Applicants
- YALSA personal membership
- No previous attendance at or in-person participation in an ALA Library Legislative Day
1. Submit your application via this official application form.
2. All applicants must be current, personal members of YALSA at the time of application.
3. Applications are due no later than Dec. 1 of each year.
4. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Criteria for Selection:
-Candidate’s desired learning outcomes for attending the event
-Candidate’s financial and professional development needs
-How the applicant intends to use the experience at their home institution
2019 - There was no stipend for 2019 as ALA's 2019 Annual Conference took place in Washington, D.C.
2018 - Kristen Majkut