Download the print version (PDF).
Created by the Financial Advancement Committee
About the Kit
YALSA understands that members often want to support the fundraising endeavors of the association. This publication was developed as a way to help YALSA members learn how they can raise funds for the association and provide tips and tools for being successful with fundraising activities, including when asking for monetary donations. Best of all, many of the tips here can be integrated into existing activities, are a great way to engage teens in a project, or are simple actions that can make a huge difference.
Use and Reproduction of the Kit
YALSA’s Fundraising Toolkit may be reproduced under “fair use” standards. As stated in Section 107 of The Copyright Act of 1976, factors to be considered shall include:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
- the nature of the copyrighted work
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
Financial Advancement Committee. “Fundraising Toolkit: Supporting YALSA through Fundraising and Gift Giving”. Young Adult Library Services Association. July 2017. Young Adult Library Services Association, Web. [insert date accessed by user]. [insert exact URL of the toolkit].
For more information about acceptable use of YALSA’s toolkits and resources, please contact ALA’s Rights and Permission Manager at email@example.com.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Fundraising Activities & Ideas
- Asking for Donations
- Submitting Donations & Saying Thank You
- Talking Points
- FInd Out More