- 2:00 PM-3:00 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (Pacific)
Stepping up as a leader can be challenging when you are working as frontline staff. Every library staff person, no matter their supervisory capacity or place on the organizational hierarchy, can be a leader. In this webinar, learn how to reframe leadership by tapping into creativity, hobbies and personal networks to influence without positional authority. Participants will learn about letting go and creating space to innovate in teen services and beyond.
Learn more before attending:
Participants will learn how to:
lead and innovate by tapping into their passions and creativity;
identify possibilities, take risks, and build resilience;
evaluate programs and prioritize to create space for innovation
Who Should Attend
This session will be beneficial to:
- Library staff working with teens in school or public libraries
- Library administrators
- Library school faculty
- Youth development workers supporting teens in their communities
- Rebekah Kamp works as the Youth Services Librarian at the Belgrade Community Library, the Library Journal’s 2015 Best Small Library in America. When not at the library, Rebekah loves spending time traveling the world, exploring nature and creating art.
- Heather Dickerson, is the Teen Services Librarian at Lewis & Clark Library in Helena, Montana. When not at the library, Heather coaches youth rock climbing, goes camping, and makes stuff!
- Cody Allen is the Teen Services Librarian at Billings Public Library where he runs the TECH Lab, a digital learning lab for teens that is part of the YOUmedia network. When he’s not at the library, Cody enjoys reading, fly fishing and board games.
YALSA Members: Free
Non-Members: Available for purchase on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
YALSA members may register for this webinar on the Members Only Webinar Registration page (Login required.)
How to Register
YALSA members may register for this webinar on the Members Only Webinar Registration page (Login required.) Non-members may purchase the webinar on the Webinars On Demand page 24 hours after the live recording.
The webinar will be hosted using the Zoom platform. Zoom allows participants to join the session using a webcam and computer or phone for audio, via their app for Andrioid and iOS devices, and via phone only. To learn how to get started with Zoom and MAC and PC systems requirements visit the software's Getting Started web pages. After registering for the session you'll receive full login information.