New Opportunities: Speakers often find that participation in a YALSA program leads to
• Requests to speak at other conferences, events or workshops
• Invitations to publish
• Opportunities to do consulting work
• ALA and YALSA advertise conference programs in such diverse journals as American Libraries and School Library Journal, on the ALA and YALSA web site, on YALSA’s blog, on YALSA’s wiki, via library related discussion lists and more via articles in professional journals that follow up your presentation
Information Sharing: You will have the unique opportunity to showcase your research and/or best practices to a captive audience of young adult librarians, library media specialists, graduate students, researchers and educators from around the country.
• Speakers can display any promotional materials on a table in the back of the event room and/or can upload materials on YALSA’s wiki at http://wikis.ala.org/yalsa and on ALA’s wiki at http://presentations.ala.org
Networking: You will be able to network with hundreds of the most influential individuals in the field of young adult librarianship as well as thousands of library and information professionals from around the world.
• Attendance at ALA’s Annual Conference ranges from about 20,000 to 28,000
Prestige: The prestige of being selected to present at a YALSA event.
• You have an opportunity to set yourself apart and enhance your credibility and stature among professionals
• Refresh and increase your personal knowledge
• Challenge yourself (and your colleagues) through lively debates and interactive sessions
Contribute to the greater good of the profession:
• Raise awareness about your passion
• Plant the seed for change and growth
Appreciation from YALSA:
• Free ticket to YALSA reception at the conference
• Letter of thanks to share with your supervisor
• Opportunity to publish a follow up article in YALSA’s journal or online newsletter
For additional benefits or more information regarding being a speaker, please contact the Nichole Gilbert at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.545.2433 x4387.