Charge: Work with YALSA's Communications Specialist and leverage personal networks to promote the award and encourage nominations; identify a list of highly eligible nominees (based on award eligibility criteria) and personally invite them to self-nominate; use established criteria to vet all nominations and select one winner for YALSA's Service to Young Adults Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Current personal membership in YALSA
- Have the necessary time to commit to devote to the work of the group
- Are skilled in conducting work virtually through tools such as ALA Connect, video chats, Google Docs and more
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Have enthusiasm for supporting and advancing YALSA's commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Want to give back to the organization and help YALSA achieve its goals
- Personal integrity and a commitment to upholding YALSA's Ethical Behavior Policy
Jury size: 5 virtual members, including the chair.
Term: November 1 through January 1
Staff Liason: Letitia Smith