Trustee Basics, Part I
The Utah State Library has purchased access to this course for all Utah Trustees and library directors through November, 2014. This course is presented via pre-recorded webcast. You may watch and listen at your convenience. You will need a computer with speakers or you may use headphone or a headset plugged into your computer. Please check the volume on your audio output and be sure it is not currently muted.
About This Course
Trustee Basics, Part I covers the role of the Trustee in the community, who speaks for the Trustees, governing vs. advisory boards, holding effective board meetings (getting consensus, open meeting laws, parliamentary procedure, etc.), and board self-assessment. This course is led by Lynn Stainbrook, director of the Brown County Library in Green Bay, Wis.
To enhance your learning experience we have provided a quiz and links to additional resources. Please also take time to complete the survey to give us your feedback on this course as well as ideas for future courses.
- Webcast - Access the webcast here. Depending on your Internet connection, it may take several minutes for the presentation to begin. If you experience problems, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Handouts - print a copy of the PowerPoint slides to use when taking notes.
- Quiz - This optional resource will help you review the information covered in this course. For Boards of Trustees who complete this course, the quiz can be done on an individual or group basis.
- Additional Resources - a list of links and resources referenced in this webcast as well as links to supporting United for Libraries resources.
- Survey - Please complete this survey to share your feedback about this course as well as ideas for future courses.
A certificate of completion is available for this course. Simply complete the online form with your contact information. Check the box to certify you have completed this course. Be sure to spell your name and the name of your library correctly as the information to complete your certificate will be pulled directly from the form. Your certificate will be e-mailed to you in a PDF format for you to print.
Accessing Other Trustee Academy Courses
You also have access to some additional courses in the series. Use the links in the left hand navigation or return to the Utah Trustee Academy landing page and then follow the links to access the courses. You do not need to logout.
If you are experiencing any difficulty or have questions, please contact Beth Nawalinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.