Updated March 18, 2020
COVID-19 is impacting libraries nationwide. In this time of uncertainty, United for Libraries is opening our online discussion forums to provide Boards of Trustees, Friends Groups, and Library Foundations across the country a place to share best practices, ask questions, seek feedback, and more.
From March 17, 2020, to June 30, 2020, the United for Libraries membership requirement to participate in our online discussion forums will be waived.
Trustees from all types of libraries are invited to participate in the United for Libraries online discussion forum focused on topics of interest to library Trustees. When you send an email to the forum it is automatically sent to all subscribers, and their emails are sent to your email. In this way, Trustees from around the country can share advice and their real-world experiences. Messages are automatically archived for future searching.
Discussion topics can be whatever interests you - effective meetings, board recruitment, library policies, the possibilities are endless. Participants agree to abide by a few simple guidelines:
- The online discussion forum is an information forum for those wishing to seek and share best practices.
- Personal, group, or statewide group membership is required for participation. (Waived through June 30, 2020)
- All participants are to be treated with courtesy.
- Commercial solicitation and/or spam is prohibited.
United for Libraries offers the following online discussion forums:
- Friends (public, school, academic)
- State Friends Groups