United for Libraries/Gale Trustee Conference Grant
The United for Libraries/Gale Trustee Conference Grant enables a public library Trustee to attend the ALA Annual Conference. A grant of $850 plus full conference registration is awarded annually to a public library Trustee who has demonstrated service to the library. The Conference Grant, made possible by an annual gift from Gale Cengage Learning, is administered by United for Libraries. A formal presentation to the winner is made at the ALA Annual Conference.
Requirements for application:
- Personal membership in ALA and United for Libraries at the time of application and through the time when the award is disbursed.
- Current service as a member of a local public library board.
- No previous attendance at an ALA Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting.
Applicants are required attach a brief statement of interest and activities resulting in their subsequent appointment/election as a public library Trustee. Include in this statement reasons for wishing to attend an ALA Annual Conference and how this relates to your library-related goals and philosophy. Include a list of all relevant library activities and experience, including professional associations (local, state, and national) of which you are a member.
Applications are due Jan. 15, 2014.
- 2013 - Dot Lindsey
- 2012 - Karen Parrilli
- 2011 - Dottie Bell (unable to attend)
- 2010 - Gail F. Graske
- 2009 - Elisa Bruce (unable to attend)
- 2005 - Maureen Hayes and Ruby Neely
- 2004 - Karen Dyer and Joel Hondorp
- 2003 - Trinidad Valentin (unable to attend)
- 2002 - Claire Gritzer
- 2001 - Margaret J. (Peggy) Danhof and Charles R. Myers
- 2000 - Marie Glaze
- 1999 - Joseph M. Mueller and Barrie Lynch
- 1998 - Dondi Maricle