Major Benefactor Citation
Giving public recognition to an individual, family, or corporate body that has made a major gift to your library can generate other gifts as well. The Major Benefactor Citation comes with a plaque for the library and a plaque for the donor. These plaques, along with a library celebration and a press release from your library, can let your community know that gifts to the library are truly appreciated and make a real difference. Major Benefactor Citation recipients will be featured on United for Libraries’ website, and a press release about each winner will be issued through ALA. Please allow six weeks from the time of application for receipt of both plaques.
- Benefits to the library in the form of money, real or personal property, negotiable paper or other tangible contributions.
- Endorsement by the Board of Trustees of the library involved.
- A fee of $400 ($300 for United for Libraries members) to cover all administrative costs and materials, along with a completed application.
Apply for the Major Benefactor Citation
Applications for the Major Benefactor Citation may be submitted at any time.
- 2011 - Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) Foundation
- 2010 - Ouida Bedingfield
- 2007 - Friends of the San Francisco Public Library
- 2006 - Sharon Karmazin
- 2005 - Hemlock Federal Bank, James T. Smith, the Simon Family
- 2004 - Bank of Southside Virginia and the Clements family (John Clements and J. Peter Clements)
- 2003 - RR Donnelley, Simmesport State Bank
- 2002 - Ann Johnson, Adele Whitenack Davis
- 2000 - Dr. Arthur B. Richter
- 1999 - Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, Marv and June Patmos
- 1998 - Hunizenga Family Foundation
- 1997 - Olive I. and Anthony A. Borgatti, Jr.