Toolkits for Friends Groups & Foundations
These in-depth toolkits were developed to help Friends groups and library Foundations learn more about a variety of issues and concerns. From getting a new Friends group off the group to understanding roles and working effectively with the library and Trustees, these publications will help your group become more effective at supporting your library.
All toolkits are copyright by United for Libraries as a benefit for our personal and group members. You may utilize these resources for your Friends group or library Foundation only. Resources cannot be shared with non-members.
- Starting a Friends Group or Revitalizing the One You Have
- Friends Groups: Critical Support for School Libraries (PDF, 66 kb)
- Friends and Libraries: Working Effectively Together
- Incorporating and Tax Exempting Procedures for Friends
- Expanded Model Friends' Cooperative Network
- How to Sell Books on the Internet: Online Book Seller Tells All
- Selecting, Cataloging, and Pricing Books for Online Sales
- Tapping Into the Biggest and Most Active Group of Volunteers in Town - The Baby Boomers
- Academic Library Friends: A Toolkit for Getting Started - You Can Do This! (PDF, 165 kb)