Library Foundation staff and board members from all types of libraries are invited to participate in the United for Libraries electronic discussion group focused on topics of interest to library Foundations. When you send an email to the electronic discussion group it is automatically sent to all subscribers, and their emails are sent to your email. In this way Foundations from around the country can share advice and their real world experiences. Messages are automatically archived for future searching.
Discussion topics can be whatever interests you - fundraising, event planning, capital campaigns, planned giving, effective meetings, board recruitment, etc.. Participants agree to abide by a few simple guidelines:
- The electronic discussion group is an information forum for those wishing to seek and share best practices.
- Personal, group, or statewide group membership is required for participation.
- All participants are to be treated with courtesy.
- Commercial solicitation and/or spam is prohibited.
United for Libraries offers the following electronic discussion forums:
- Friends (public, school, academic)