Spotlight on Adult Literature
Sat., Jan. 21, 2017
Visit these participating publishers for free ARCs and books (while supplies last), author signings, and more.
Simon & Schuster
Author Thomas Mullen (Darktown) will be signing from 2-3 p.m., and there will be a special ARC giveaway of The Simplicity of Cider by Amy Reichert, with apples and cider being served from 3-4 p.m.
Hachette Book Group
Hachette will feature a special galley from Lee Boudreaux Books – Little, Brown & Co’s Spoils by Brian Van Reet, and The Ship by Antonia Honeywell. These will be rounded out by galleys of Dare to be Kind by Lizzie Velasquez.
Advance copy giveaways will include:
- Nicolas Obregon's Blue Light Yokohama (Minotaur Books)
- Ann Cleeves's The Crow Trap (Minotaur Books)
- Victor Lodato's Edgar & Lucy (St. Martin's Press)
- Viola Shipman's The Hope Chest (St. Martin's Press)
- Kathleen Rooney's Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk (St. Martin's Press)
- Julie Buntin's Marlena (Henry Holt & Co.)
- Sally Hepworth's The Mother's Promise (St. Martin's Press)
- Chevy Stevens's Never Let You Go (St. Martin's Press)
- Mandy Morton's No. 2 Feline Detective Agency (Minotaur Books)
- Gregg Hurwitz's The Nowhere Man (Minotaur Books)
- Laurie Frankel's This is How it Always Is (Flatiron Books)
- Susan Wilson's Two Good Dogs (St. Martin's Press)
- Cory Doctorow's Walkaway (Tor Books)
- JoAnn Chaney's What You Don't Know (Flatiron Books)
- Ruthanna Emrys's Winter Tide (Tor.com)
Penguin Random House
The hottest ARCs from the spring 2017 season will be featured, including special appearances at signing tables by Omar El Akkad (American War, Knopf) from 2:30-3 p.m., Fiona Barton (The Child, Berkeley) from 2:30-3 p.m., and Karen Dionne (The Marsh King’s Daughter, Putnam) from 3-3:30 p.m.
Books on Tape
Sign up for the BOT newsletter and receive a free audiobook. Plus, all will be entered to win a collection of bestselling audiobooks for their library.
Mark Pendergrast will sign copies of City on the Verge from 2-4 p.m., and Benjamin Reiss will sign copies of Wild Nights from 3-4 p.m. Copies of The Revenge of Analog will be given away, and a raffle will be held for a turntable.
Where’d You Go, Bernadette meets The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time in Benjamin Ludwig’s novel The Original Ginny Moon. Pick up your ARC of the book that Graeme Simsion (The Rosie Project) calls “brilliant,” along with Ginny Moon swag and a special promotional box from the brand-new literary imprint Park Row Books, and meet the author from 2-3 p.m. (While supplies last.)
W. W. Norton & Company
ARC giveaways will include Huck Out West by Robert Coover, A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes, The Underworld by Kevin Canty, Wedding Toasts I’ll Never Give by Ada Calhoun, Fateful Mornings by Tom Bouman, and Lonesome Lies Before Us by Don Lee.
Visit the Workman booth for tote bags and the hottest spring 2017 ARCs, including The Leavers by Lisa Ko.