This checklist provides an overview of important publicity reminders.
- To meet media and other deadlines, you will need to start promoting your programs six weeks to two months in advance.
- Use official project credit information on all publicity materials. Use ALA and FINRA Foundation logos on materials wherever possible.
- All publicity images must be accompanied by the ownership credits provided with the image. See “Guidelines for Use of Publicity Images” for more detailed information.
- Stress ALA and FINRA Foundation credits in news releases, at news events, and at all public programs.
Official Exhibition Credit
When promoting your Thinking Money for Kids programs and exhibition, please be sure to include ALA and FINRA Foundation credits. The credit line in written materials—such as press releases, media alerts and newsletter articles—should read as follows:
Thinking Money for Kids was developed by the American Library Association Public Programs Office in collaboration with the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, whose support made this exhibition possible.
For all printed materials, please include logos for:
- FINRA Foundation
- American Library Association
Guidelines for ALA and FINRA Foundation Acknowledgement
When in doubt, ask the ALA Public Programs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The official credit line should appear on all printed and other visual materials related to the exhibition, including news releases, brochures, publications, invitations, program flyers, advertisements, press kits, announcements, websites, and local posters. It should also appear on any signage at the entrance to the exhibition. On all materials, it should appear in a type size that is readable and appropriate to the overall design. Include logos if space permits.
- Logos: Please use the FINRA Foundation and ALA logos on materials whenever possible, especially on smaller PR pieces where the credit line does not fit. Logos may be found by scrolling down on this page.
- In speaking to or sending news releases to newspaper reporters, radio and TV interviewers, and other media personnel, please stress that the full ALA and FINRA Foundation credit should be included in all articles and features. Some host sites include a line set off at the beginning of news releases saying “Editor: Please do not edit out ALA and FINRA Foundation credits in paragraph __.”
- At news events and public programs: ALA and the FINRA Foundation should be acknowledged orally at the beginning and end of news conferences, public programs, and other public events connected with the exhibition and at the beginning and end of radio or television interviews. Use the official exhibition credit as a guide.
- Local sponsor credits are not allowed.
Please use the FINRA Foundation and ALA logos on publicity materials whenever possible, especially on smaller PR pieces where the credit line does not fit.
Grant recipients are authorized to use logos only for Thinking Money for Kids exhibition purposes for the duration of the project. They do not need to obtain additional permissions. Please direct questions about logo usage to email@example.com.
- Horizontal (EPS)
- Horizontal (PNG)
- Vertical--no tagline (EPS)
- Vertical--no tagline (PNG)
- Vertical--tagline above (EPS)
- Vertical--tagline above (PNG)
- Vertical--tagline below (EPS)
- Vertical--tagline below (PNG)
Sample Media Materials
Be sure to alert your local media and community groups that your organization was chosen to participate in this national exhibition tour. Sample news release materials are below.
- News release
- Media alert
- Public service announcement
- Letter to community groups
- Sample social media posts
The following files were created using Adobe Creative Suite software. Please feel free to customize them with information about your program offerings. There is no need to seek approval of the customized pieces from the ALA Public Programs Office.
- Poster (PDF, 11 x 17)
- Flyer (PDF, 8.5 x 11)
- Postcard (PDF, 4 x 6)
- Brochure (PDF, 8.5 x 11, designed to fold to 8.5 x 5.5)
- Instructions for digitally editing printable materials (Word document)
- Web banner (JPG, 960 x 160 px)
- Web button/square (JPG, 250 x 250 px) – “Coming soon to our library!”
- Web button/square (JPG, 250 x 250 px) – “Now at our library!”
Social media images:
- Facebook cover photo (851 x 315 px)
- Facebook shared image (1200 x 630 px) – “Coming soon to our library!”
- Facebook shared image (1200 x 630 px) – “Now at our library!”
- Twitter header image (1500 x 500 px)– “Coming soon to our library!”
- Twitter header image (1500 x 500 px) – “Now at our library!”
- Twitter in-stream photo (440 x 220 px) – “Coming soon to our library!
- Twitter in-stream photo (440 x 220 px) – “Now at our library!”