“Visions of the Universe: Four Centuries of Discovery” Site Support Notebook
All libraries on the “Visions of the Universe” tour will be part of a private Google Group dedicated to the project. The Google Group will allow exhibition hosts to send e-mails, post documents, photographs and links and will serve as the primary point of communication between libraries.
Follow these steps to become a member of the Google Group:
- Once you receive the introductory e-mail message from Google, click the link to “visit this group on the web.”
- Next, click “sign into Google Groups.”
- If you don’t already have one, click on the icon “Create an Account.” By creating an account, you will be able to login and have access to the Google Group. You do not need a Gmail account to be a member of a Google Group.
When submitting a message to a list, please keep in mind:
- All postings should be of a public, non-confidential nature.
- IMPORTANT: If you simply reply to a posted message, you will be responding to the entire list, not just the sender. If you wish to respond to the sender only, please copy the sender’s email address and respond to them directly.
- Basic rules of electronic mail etiquette are expected.
Questions? Contact the ALA Public Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org