Thirteen/WNET-TV New York and the ALA Public Programs Office have partnered to support Cyberchase Library Workshops at 15 libraries across the country. Cyberchase is a popular daily children's PBS animated math adventure TV/Web series set in cyberspace, where a young team of heroes thwart villains using their brainpower. The series and workshops energize kids (ages 8-11) with math power and teaches children that math is fun, math is about problem solving, and, wow, does it come in handy! Check local PBS TV listings for daily broadcast times or on the Cyberchase Web site. Cyberchase is produced by Thirteen/WNET-TV New York and Nelvana.
The libraries selected to host Cyberchase Library Workshops are (in alphabetical order by state):
- Horizon Elementary School Library Media Center, Madison, Ala.
- Wexler-Grant Community School, New Haven, Conn.
- Lee County Library, Smithville, Ga.
- East Chicago Public Library, East Chicago, Ind.
- Hays Public Library, Hays, Kan.
- Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka, Kan.
- Vermilion Parish Library, Abbeville, La.
- Lawrence Public Library, Lawrence, Ma.
- East Lansing Public Library, East Lansing, Mich.
- P.S. 75 Emily Dickinson School Library, New York, N.Y.
- New York Public Library, Fordham Library Center, Bronx, N.Y.
- Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, N.C.
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Northwest Regional Library, Belle Fourche, S.D.
- Vienna Public Library, Vienna, W.V.