Exhibit Shipping and Receiving Information
The shipper for Alexander Hamilton will be VIP Transport East, a Fine Arts Transportation Agent for Mayflower Transit. This exhibit travels in seven wheeled, molded hard plastic cases, each approximately 45" x 35" x 9".
All shipping costs will be billed to the ALA Public Programs Office.
Important exhibit display information: The first date of your exhibit period is a Thursday. The shipper will deliver the exhibit to you no later than the day before--Wednesday. You can schedule programs for Thursday evening, but please do not plan programs early on Thursday in case of delivery problems (they are rare, but do happen). Friday openings and programs are the best--you may open the exhibit whenever it suits your local schedule. This exhibit will take 2-3 people approximately 2-3 hours to unpack and set up.
The last date in your exhibition period is a Friday, which should be the closing date for the exhibition (you may close the exhibit earlier if you wish). Libraries should have the exhibition dismantled and ready for pick-up on the Monday after the exhibition closes. This does not mean the shipper will always pick up the exhibit on Monday, but the exhibit should be ready to go then.
HOST LIBRARIES ARE REQUESTED TO PROCEED AS FOLLOWS:
1. VIP Transport East will call libraries to arrange convenient delivery and pick-up times. If you have not heard from VIP by at least 48 hours before the exhibit should be delivered, please call VIP at the following numbers between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday to confirm delivery arrangements:
, ext. 209 (Ed Noonan) or ext. 210 (Melanie Fringer);
Alternate numbers are: 301-317-4225 and 410-880-6114 (same exts.)
If for some reason, you can't get through, dial "0" and the receptionist will help you.
If you have not heard from VIP by 48 hours before the exhibit closes , please call the above number(s) again to arrange for pick-up.
2. Please arrange for delivery and pick-up during business hours (9-5 your time). Give VIP the following information:
- Name and telephone number of a contact person.
- Address where exhibition should be delivered or picked up and actual place of delivery or pick-up at that address, such as back or front of building, etc.
- Opening and closing times of building if relevant.
- Special conditions that apply, e.g., parking restrictions, no loading dock, ramp access, use of back door only, tractor-trailer access, stairs, etc.
The ALA contact person for inquiries about Alexander Hamilton shipping is:
ALA Public Programs
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5045, or 312-280-5045, fax: 312/944/2404