Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War
Site Support Notebook
Exhibit Discussion Lists
• Project directors receiving exhibit award notification in 2011 (Tour 2) are members of an online project discussion list.
As a member of the discussion list, you will automatically receive any message a member sends to the list. You may send a message to the entire group by sending an e-mail to:
You can review information about how to manage communication preferences (change e-mail address, set to digest, etc.) at www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/ppo/about/ppolist.cfm.
• Project directors receiving exhibit award notification in 2009 and 2010 (Tour 1) are members of a Google Group.
As a member of the project Google Group, you will automatically receive any message
a member sends to the discussion list. You may send a message to the entire group by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also login to the Google Group website in order to send a message to the group. In addition to being able to send out messages, logging in to the group allows you to easily review all past discussion threads, set any account preferences, etc.
In order to login to the Lincoln Google Group, please follow these steps:
1. Visit Google Groups on the web: http://groups.google.com/
2. Next, click “Sign in,” located in the upper right-hand corner.
3. If you have never used Google Groups before, click on the “Create an Account” icon.
4. Next, create a password for your e-mail address. You do not need a Gmail account to be a member of the Google Group.
5. Once you set up your password, you may login to the Google Group.
6. You're ready to get started!
The discussion lists are a helpful way to:
• Send program updates
• Share ideas, resources and helpful tips
• Ask questions
• Highlight useful links
• Receive important updates from ALA Public Programs Office staff
Any questions? Contact Jennifer Dominiak at email@example.com.