Congressional Local Legends Nomination Process
All of this information and a nomination form may be found at: www.nlm.nih.gov/locallegends/who.html#nominationprocess
Local Legends are nominated by Members of Congress and are featured on the Local Legends web site: www.nlm.nih.gov/locallegends
Criteria for Nominations
A nominee must be:
- A woman physician (MD or DO) either working or having worked in the United States;
- From the state, district, or territory represented by the Member of Congress;
- Demonstrated commitment, originality, innovation, or creativity in her field of medicine;
- Involved in one of the following categories for recognition: Patient care, Public health and/or Health policy, Research, Education, Military.
Nominations must be made by a Member of Congress and need to include the following information:
- A letter of recommendation from a Member of Congress stating why the nominee is worthy of recognition;
- A copy of the nominee's resume or CV with the current contact information for the nominee.
- A photo of the nominee, preferably in color.
- Additional letters of support and a brief biosketch of the nominee are strongly encouraged.
Nomination forms may be found at: