This civic engagement series includes topics such as deliberative conversations that public, academic, and school libraries are convening; how these discussions are repositioning libraries in their communities; and the logistics involved in planning a forum -- from choosing the issue topic to publicizing the event to following up with participants.
The third session of the four Civic Engagement series focuses on a more detailed understanding of the role of forum moderator in a step-by-step format.
This program is presented by Patty Dineen, Public Engagement Consultant/Contributing Editor, National Issues Forums Institute Website; Nancy Kranich, Chair, ALA Center for Civic Life Advisory Committee; and Carolyn Caywood, Convener, Virginia Beach Public Library Forums, and Fellow of the Hampton Roads Center for Civic Engagement.
View the other sessions here:
- Learn about the big picture views of what happens at a deliberate public forum
- Hear about the roles of the forum moderator, recorder and observer
Who Should Attend
This program is beneficial to everyone.
- Patty Dineen, Public Engagement Consultant Contributing Editor, National Issues Forums Institute Website
- Nancy Kranich, Chair, ALA Center for Civic Life Advisory Committee
- Carolyn Caywood, Convener, Virginia Beach Public Library Forums, and Fellow of the Hampton Roads Center for Civic Engagement
How to Register
YouTube access and speakers/headphones