When in doubt, ask the ALA Public Programs Office.
· The official credit line should appear on all printed and other visual materials related to the exhibition, including press releases, brochures, publications, invitations, program flyers, advertisements, press kits, announcements, websites and local posters. It should also appear on any signage at the entrance to the exhibition. On all materials, it should appear in a type size that is readable and appropriate to the overall design. Include logos if space permits.
· Logos: Please use the National Endowment for the Humanities, Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture, Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, and American Library Association logos on materials whenever possible, especially on smaller PR pieces where the credit line does not fit. Logos may be found on the website and on the project PR CD.
· In speaking to or sending press releases to newspaper reporters, radio and TV interviewers and other media personnel, please stress that full sponsorship and funding credit should be included in all articles and features. Some host sites include a line set off at the beginning of press releases saying “Editor: Please do not edit out sponsorship credits in paragraph __.”
· At press events and in public programs: The exhibition sponsors should be acknowledged orally at the beginning and end of press conferences, public programs, and other public events connected with the exhibition and at the beginning and end of radio or television interviews. Use the official exhibition credit as a guide.
· Local sponsor credits: Local sponsor credit must follow the Changing America exhibition credit line and be in a type size no larger than the exhibition credit. The exception is materials or programs entirely supported by another funding source. In those cases, it is still necessary for the credit line or logos to appear, but the additional sponsor’s credit may appear first and in a larger size.
· A digital copy of samples of printed press coverage and PR materials must be submitted with the library’s final report to ALA.