When writing the first edition of Teen Spaces in 2002, YA expert Bolan was challenged to find excellent examples. Now, teen spaces abound and interest continues to grow. With a strategic use of web-based technologies—from the author's website to a Flickr account—this new edition showcases success stories as it reaches out to attract a global community of teen librarians committed to meeting the needs of young adults. Revising the first practical guide to creating inviting spaces for teens in the library, Bolan reveals what it takes for your makeover to go as smoothly as possible. You'll find
- Step-by-step instructions and easy-to-use templates
- The latest information on teen spaces policies
- New ways to involve teens in the space-renovation process
- Updated tools, worksheets, instructions, and vendor information
- Inspiring illustrations and discussions of what other libraries have achieved
- Best practices for developing teen spaces
- Library directors, teen librarians, and school library media specialists will welcome the inspiration from hundreds of teen spaces around the world, along with hands-on suggestions for revamping their own library.