- ACRL Competencies for Special Collections Professionals (2008)
This statement is intended to define our profession and to foster a sense of community and common identity among special collections professionals, while helping others to understand our work.
- ACRL Guidelines for Borrowing and Lending Special Collections Materials for Exhibition (2005)
These guidelines are written to encompass the needs of as wide a range of institutions and materials as possible.
- ACRL Guidelines for the Interlibrary Loan of Rare and Unique Materials (2004)
These guidelines were adopted by the Association of College and Research Libraries in 1994. This revised version, completed in 2004, is published here for broad professional review.
- ACRL Guidelines for the Security of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Other Special Collections (2006)
Draft revision of Guidelines for Security of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Other Special Collections
- ACRL Guidelines on the Selection and Transfer of Materials from General Collections to Special Collections (2008)
Guidelines from Association of College and Research Libraries on selection criteria for moving materials from general collections to special collections.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS)
A section of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA). RBMS strives to represent and promote the interests of librarians who work with rare books, manuscripts, and other types of special collections.