How to Get Involved
2016 Election Results:
- Coordinator-Elect:The Coordinator-elect is a three-year term and serves one year of that term as Coordinator-elect, one year as Coordinator, and one year as Immediate Past Coordinator --Jodi Shaw!
- Secretary: The Secretary is a two-year term and shall be responsible for the general correspondence of the Round Tables and the minutes of board and general membership meetings. The Secretary, coordinating with the ALA staff liaison, shall arrange for preservation of the SustainRT archives -- Kate Hutchens
- Treasurer: The Treasurer is a two-year term and shall review and approve all expenses, coordinating with the ALA staff liaison, and prepare reports and a proposed budget for each fiscal year -- Lindsay Marlow!
- Member-at-Large: One and Two year terms -- Rebekkah Smith Aldrich & Mary Beth Lock!
Learn More About Us
The SustainRT brochure is full of good information!
Become a Member
Membership in SustainRT is $10 per year. You can add SustainRT to your ALA membership when you renew, or you can add SustainRT to your existing ALA membership.
Contribute to the Sustainable Libraries Database
The Sustainability Round Table is collecting information on books, articles, websites, blogs, social groups, and projects that fall under the umbrella of Sustainable Libraries. Please use this form to suggest resources or projects that will become part of our SustainRT Sustainability Database.
Join a Committee!
1) Environmental Scan
Works together to create an inventory of sustainability efforts in the library world. Examples: policy and procedures, facility projects and best practices, curriculum support, programming, and community outreach.
Contact - Eileen Harrington
2) ALA Governance Tag Team
Reaches out to ALA administration and leadership better understand “how ALA works” and identify pressure points on which we can focus. This group also explores how to help “green the conference.”
Contact - Rebekkah Smith Aldrich
3) Membership & Outreach Team
Explores and implements ideas to reach out to existing and new members and built community through SustainRT's social media spaces.
4) Online Education
Provides interactive webinars on sustainable library topics.
Organizes programs and social events at ALA annual and midwinter conferences.
Contact - Mary Beth Lock
Showcase student work in your Institutional Repository!
Facilitate the discovery, dissemination and preservation of student sustainability projects and research. SustainRT, the U.S. Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development (US Partnership) and the Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability (DANS) are launching a Call to Action -- to showcase student sustainability projects and research in Institutional Repositories on campuses across the U.S. Academic librarians are in a unique and vital position to create a better future -- one with less pollution, healthier ecosystems and higher quality of life for all. We have a role to play in “Creating Sustainable Community,” as shown by the theme of the ACRL 2015 conference.
As a librarian, you can contribute to solving urgent societal sustainability challenges by taking the time to:
Please send your questions, feedback or ideas to advance this Call to Action to: US Partnership Fellow and SustainRT Coordinator, Madeleine Charney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-577-0784. Your input will be appreciated and valued! Click HERE for instructions on searching for student sustainability projects, papers and research in institutional repositories"
Stay in Touch
Make a Donation
Online donations are accepted on the giveALA website. On the site, choose to make your donation to SustainRT.
Fill out the online form, print it out, and send a check, payable to ALA at:
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611