Upgrading to Windows 7? Start here!
Overview of What To Expect with your Windows 7 Upgrade (6 minute video)
Video version of what is covered in Pam's Windows 7 upgrade
What You need to do once you have been upgraded
e-Time for Staff time - using the HTML interface with Windows 7
Outlook: New look- Where are My Folders?
Outlook: Signatures - How can I restore my signatures?
Outlook: Auto Archive Settings
Browsers: Import Book
Tips/Fixes/Work-a-rounds Discovered by Upgraded Users
iMIS: Committee Drop Down
PowerPoint : Insert Screenshots
Windows 7: How can I change the color of the "transparent" Windows?
Word: Status bar for Insert Toggle
What's New in Windows 7? Videos from Microsoft
Windows 7 operating system offers a number of improvements in performance as well as convenience over Windows XP. A few of the of the top new features are listed below with links to videos on the Microsoft site on how they work.:
Explore all of the new features available in Windows 7
Windows 7 taskbar offers live preview of open windows, pinning and best of all jumplists by program!
Jump quickly to the documents, files, media that you use most with a right click to any program on your taskbar. Pin frequently used files and view most recent.
A quick way to look at common file types regardless of location. A shortcut to all files in common for easy perusal.
All part of the Aero desktop experience in Windows 7 these features make it easier to focus on what you need to see, the way you want to see it, with minimal effort.
No more searching through a list to find programs, having to remember how they are listed under All Programs. This sleek search pulls everything you can think to search on in seconds, highlighting results in every aspect of the file: title, property, and content are just the beginning!
A download of free software included with Windows which includes a photo editor, video creator and more!
MS Office 2010
- Better options with Spark lines and Slicer filtering
- Backstage view (File Tab) to manage Tools/Options
- Customizable Ribbon
- New Scheduler view for calendar, To-Do bar in inbox
- Create email attachments from Jump Lists, by dropping files from your jump list into your mailing
- Better time management with Outlook; while scheduling time to work on a document, you can drag it into your appointment
- Include advanced photo editing, including the ability to remove backgrounds.
- The enhanced SmartArt enables users to quickly create graphics that accurately convey relationships and ideas.
- Improved Undo, showing list of tasks
- Backstage View (File Tab) to manage Document and Options
- Customizable Ribbon
- Easier Image Edits
Check out the info page on What's new with Office 2010 in Windows 7