Access Positini Within the Inbox
You can program a dedicated folder in your Outlook folder list to be used as a shortcut that will launch your Postini Message Center webpage directly in the Outlook Client without having to go to a web browser.
Warnings: This folder should not be used to store any emails but used exclusively as a shortcut to Postini.
These instructions are meant solely for the Outlook Client that is installed at your workstation and will not work in Outlook Web Access (http:owa.ala.org.)
- In the Outlook Client, go to menu bar and select Go > Folder List.
- Right-click on the root of the area where you store your folders, either Cabinet or Inbox and select New Folder.
- Name the folder Spam or Postini (or whatever you choose to name it.)
- Right-click on the newly created folder and select Properties.
- Select the Home Page tab.
- In the address window type the following URL: https://firstname.lastname@example.org – xxxxx is your userid, ex: sjoy.
- Select the checkbox labeled Show home page by default for this folder.
- Click Apply and OK
- When you click on the folder in your folder list, Postini Message Center will launch in the area where you normally see your email list, login to your Message Center and if desired, select Remember my Address and Password.