ALA eLearning will upgrade to Moodle 3.5 on August 23, 2018
ALA divisions, offices, and Publishing eLearning Solutions offer asynchronous continuing education courses to ALA members and customers. ALA eLearning is located at ecourses.ala.org and is configured with an open source Learning Management System called Moodle. More information about Moodle can be found at www.moodle.org.
ALA eLearning is built in Moodle 3.3 and the theme is Essential. ALA upgraded to Moodle 3.0 in 2016 and prior to that used Moodle 1.9.
ITTS training agenda (update forthcoming)
Build ecourses at ecourses.ala.org
- ALA staff /program officers are responsible for learning Moodle from the resources mentioned above and from ITTS so that they can collaborate with and support their instructors.
- All decisions about how to utilize ALA's Moodle installation is handled at the individual unit level within their own unit category.
- Each unit that offers Moodle courses has their own category on https://ecourses.ala.org/ and it is the responsibility of the unit to identify to ITTS who within the unit should administer their category area and act as subject matter expert (SME) for their courses.
- Staff may use TrackIT and webforms to communicate needs in ALA eLearning including having courses copied (backed up and restored) for reuse.
- For course set-up please use this form: eCourse Set Up Form
- ALA Member and Customer Service can be hired for registration services. Please contact email@example.com for details.
- Training and technical support will also be provided by ITTS (Please request Training or Web-Moodle via Track-IT)
- Students using ecouses.ala.org may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Practice Opportunities & the Sandbox
Contact Julianna Kloeppel for access to the temporary course area if you would like to experiment.