What is iMIS at ALA?
iMIS is ALA’s association management system. It enables us to:
- Store & track member & non-member contacts & demographics
- Manage member dues, subscriptions & related payments
- Track & manage activities, both current & historic
- Create reports: rosters, statistics, activity details & exports
- Create correspondence: labels, letters, e-mail, profiles
- Validates member and staff login to www.ala.org, www.connect.ala.org, http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org and iMIS itself by attaching User Credentials to the respective record.
Look to the left nav to view all the instructional materials for:
Use the search field in the upper right corner to find instructions for a particular task within a topic.
iMIS is the central database storing our member contact information and activities. iMIS links with several systems, including eCommerce and our web platform (Drupal). The two main permission levels granted in iMIS are:
- View Customers data, which includes member, prospective member & committee records
- Run reports in Customers, Committees & Events
- Create, edit prospective member records
- View Committee records
- View Events data
- All the tasks from Casual, PLUS:
- Create & Edit Committees
- Create/Edit Position Codes, Roster Records and Notes (Charge) field and Descriptions field
- Change status of Committees from Active to Inactive
How Do I get Credentials?
New users will receive their credentials at the completion of training/ having signed the iMIS Pledge. A TrackIT! request or Staff change form, submitted by the user's manager, is also required.
Your Username is typically your first initial and last name.(this will display in all caps, but is not case sensitive). Your password is the same as your STAFF login for ala.org. When you first start working at ALA, a STAFF record which holds user credentials was created for you in iMIS to which we can attach iMIS permissions upon the successful completion of training. In addition to accessing iMIS itself, STAFF record credentials are needed to allow you access to member-only content on www.ala.org, ALA Connect and http://connect.ala.org, our professional networking site.
What If I Forget my Password?
To recover your default password and/or change it, go to www.ala.org and look for and click the login link in the upper-most right corner and then select the Forgot your username or password? link. In the Reset Your Password page enter either your email address in the field provided and click the Reset Password button and you will receive an email with further instructions.
Documentation Help & Training
- For detailed help and videos on iMIS Basics, check out this page on everything a user should know when working in iMIS
- Documentation link is available when you login to iMIS on the Home page, near the bottom, entitled, Documentation.
- Upcoming classes can be found at http://www.ala.org/support/classes