Convert Word to PDF
After the Word document has been tagged with the proper Styles and formatting, it can be converted to an accessible PDF file. To do this:
Make sure Adobe Acrobat is installed.
- Click Start>Programs
- Look for Adobe Acrobat (version number) Pro
- If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Pro on your computer, arrange a time to use a Training Room computer.
Enable accessibility settings for PDF files/Convert from Word to PDF
Saving as a PDF converts the document, but you need to make sure accessibility settings are on before you convert:
- Click the Microsoft Office button >Save As >Adobe PDF > (let it save the document, if it asks)
- In the resulting window, click the Options button:
- Make sure the Options dialog has a check next to the option entitled “Enable Accessibility and Reflow" with tagged Adobe PDF.
- Select the Enable Accessibility and checkbox if necessary:
- OK >Save