Collaborative/Statewide VR Programs
- Breidenbaugh, Andrew. “Budget Planning and Performance Measures for Virtual Reference Services.” Reference Librarian 46, no. 95/96 (2006): 113-124.
- Eakin, Lori, and Jeffrey Pomerantz. “Virtual Reference, Real Money: Modeling Costs in Virtual Reference Services.” portal: Libraries & the Academy 9, no. 1 (2009): 133-164.
- Kaske, Neal, and Julie Arnold. “Is Collaborative Virtual Reference Cost Effective and If So, for Whom?” Presented at the Virtual Reference Desk Annual Conference, Cincinnati, OH, November 9, 2004. Slides available at http://resourcesharing.webjunction.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=440721&name=DLFE-11814.pdf
Planning on a Low Budget
- Dalston, Teresa, and Michael Pullin, eds. Virtual Reference on a Budget: Case Studies. Columbus, OH: Linworth Publishing Company, 2007.
- Kern, M. Kathleen. Virtual Reference Best Practices: Tailoring Services to Your Library. Chicago: American Library Association, 2009.
- MARS Digital Reference Guidelines Ad Hoc Committee. “Guidelines for Implementing and Maintaining Virtual Reference Services.” Section 4.3 Finances. Last modified June 2004. http://www.ala.org/rusa/resources/guidelines/virtrefguidelines.
- Marsteller, Matthew, and Susan Ware. “Models for Measuring & Evaluating Reference Costs: A Comparative Analysis of Traditional and Virtual Reference Services.” Presented at the Virtual Reference Desk Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX, November 17, 2003. Slides available at http://resourcesharing.webjunction.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=441453&name=DLFE-11975.pdf.