Virtual Meetings and Webinars
1. Requesting a RUSA toll-free teleconference line:
Teleconferences are via telephone only. We recommend this option be considered first for any committee meeting.
2. Requesting an Adobe Connect virtual room for a meeting or webinar to share documents, host presentations, chat, conduct polls.
How to request a RUSA toll-free teleconference line:
1) View the RUSA teleconference calendar here
2) Find 2-3 dates/times that will work for your group, at least 2 weeks in the future.
NOTE: 30 minutes must be left between meetings.
3) Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
GROUP (Section or Division – Committee or Group Name):
1st PREFERRED DATE, TIME (CENTRAL):
2nd PREFERRED DATE, TIME (CENTRAL):
3rd PREFERRED DATE, TIME (CENTRAL) (optional):
- Up to 20 people may call in using the teleconference service
- Calls will not be recorded
- Within 3 business days, you will receive a response with a confirmation and phone number for your use, or a request for an alternate date/time for your session.
- If you encounter any problems requesting a teleconference line, email Susan Hornung, RUSA Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to request an Adobe Connect virtual room for a meeting:
- View the Adobe Connect Calendar here
- Find 2-3 dates/times that will work for your group, at least 2 weeks in the future.
NOTE: 1 HOUR MUST BE LEFT OPEN BETWEEN SESSIONS TO ALLOW FOR RUN OVER AND SET UP; UP TO 3 ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE CONCURRENTLY IN ADOBE CONNECT.
3. Request a virtual meeting by filling out Meeting Request form here:
- If you have any problems accessing the Meeting Request form, please try using a web browser other than Internet Explorer, such as Firefox
- Up to 99 people may participate in an Adobe Connect meeting
- Meetings can be recorded
- Within 5 business days, you will receive a response with a confirmation, URL for the session, a URL for the recording and a phone number for your use; or a request for an alternate date/time for your session.
- As of September 1, 2016, an Adobe Connect Support Specialist is no longer available. For information on how to use Adobe Connect, please visit ala.org/support/adobe-connect.
How to set up a webinar:
A webinar is a kind of virtual session that primarily revolves around speakers giving presentations. In an effort to avoid duplication, RUSA requires webinar proposals to be reviewed by the RUSA Professional Development Committee. Please submit proposals during our call for webinar proposals, issued twice a year. Go here for more information. Please note that webinars may also need to go through your section’s approval/review process. Please review your section’s policies and procedures for webinars before sending a proposal to the RUSA Professional Development Committee.
Once your webinar is approved by the RUSA Professional Development Committee, contact Andrea Hill, email@example.com, to contract with RUSA and schedule a date, time and room for a webinar. Andrea will prepare presenter contracts and schedule training and practice sessions as necessary.
TRAINING RESOURCES FOR ADOBE CONNECT:
Resources for Adobe Connect Hosts
- YouTube video overview of the features such as audio, video, file upload, screen share and whiteboard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYboUYua818 (9 minutes, 57 seconds)
- Adobe Connect Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iShUuexN0k (3 minutes, 6 seconds)
- Adobe Connect Training #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fb9SS5IYzM (3 minutes, 44 seconds)
- Adobe Connect: Jumpstart for hosts: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-connect/adobe-connect-8-jumpstart-for-hosts/ (2 minutes, 52 seconds)
- Adobe Connect Live Recorded with RUSA members: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/p23wachd690/ (1 hour, 11 minutes)
SCHEDULE A PRACTICE SESSION IN ADOBE CONNECT
You can also schedule practice time in an Adobe Connect room. Your practice session will be independent (you alone). To schedule a practice session:
- View the Adobe Connect calendar posted here: http://www.ala.org/rusa/asclarusa_adobeconnect
- Identify dates/times available
3. Request a practice session by completing the Practice Session form here:
NOTE: 1 HOUR MUST BE LEFT OPEN BETWEEN SESSIONS TO ALLOW FOR RUN OVER AND SET UP.
- Within 5 business days, you will receive a response with a confirmation and access information for your use, or a request for an alternate date/time for your session.
- If you have any problems accessing the Meeting Request form, please try using a web browser other than Internet Explorer, such as Firefox.
- Someone will be available for support for all practice sessions, if needed.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR VIRTUAL MEETINGS:
Definitions of Virtual Opportunities
For additional information on the different kinds of virtual opportunities available, see the document here.
Headsets and Telephones
It is strongly recommended that all attendees use headsets connected to their computers (VOIP) during an Adobe Connect session. The software audio works best with headsets and there is an additional cost for RUSA when a teleconference line is used. Attendees can also use a mic with headphones or earbuds if headsets are not available. The use of computer speakers with a mic is not recommended, as it may cause echo.
If needed, all Adobe Connect rooms also have a teleconference line available for attendees to use if they are having audio issues. During each session, no more than 20 attendees at a time can use the teleconference line.