Advises the STARS Executive Committee regarding the structural organization of the section; develops, reviews, and maintains the section handbook and bylaws; participates in planning for the section and monitors and reports on progress toward meeting the section's goals.
Name: Margaret Ellingson
1) Review and propose amendments to the section bylaws, if needed
2) Review and update the section handbook, as needed
3) Explore hosting options for the handbook and make recommendation to STARS Exec re: its future location
4) Review and update state and regional library association information in ShareILL, as needed
5) work with the Membership Committee to collect photos of STARS events & other archival material for compilation into a virtual photo album for the section
The committee usually meets in person during the STARS All-Committee meetings at the ALA Annual Conference & Midwinter Meeting. In between, we hold conference calls, exchange emails, etc. as needed to accomplish our mission & initiatives. Committee members may also work independently or in subgroups on tasks for which they have volunteered or been assigned.