Summary Report, ALA Midwinter 2003 Conference
Working Group ChargeTo revise the current ALA Interlibrary Loan Form.
For comparative purposes, please refer to the current ALA Interlibrary Loan Form located at http://www.ala.org/rusa/stnd_illformprint.html that is available in two formats: MSWord [6.0] and Adobe PDF.
The Working Group undertook revisions that have produced a revised ALA Interlibrary Loan Form in three formats:
1. MSWord that can be edited on-screen & printed with edits intact
2. Adobe PDF that is printed and edited off-line
3. Adobe PDF that can be edited on-screen & printed with edits intact ("PDF Fillable")
- Additionally, these changes to the form have been included:
- There is a title to the form that includes the current year as part of the title, and can be changed annually, to ensure that the current version of the form is used; the title is located in the upper left-hand section of the form
- The form is larger: 8.5" by 11", a doubling of the form determined as necessary by the Working Group due to contemporary ILL service methods and the demand for more detailed information
- Folding lines, located in the left-hand margin, have been added to assist ILL staff when folding and placing the sheet in window envelopes
- Note: The ILL Form in Word format can be edited to add space by removing unneeded fields or other changes as necessary.
The Working Group recommends the adoption of this revised form.
Douglas Hasty, Head of Access Services Dept, Florida Intl Univ., Miami FL
Chair, ALA ILL Form Revision Working Group