MOUSS Research and Statistics Committee
8th Annual Reference Research Forum
Call for Submissions
The Research and Statistics Committee of the Management and Operation Of User Services Section of RUSA is sponsoring its:
Eighth Annual Reference Research Forum at the 2002 American Library Association Annual Conference in Atlanta
This is an opportunity to present and discuss your research project covering the broad area of reference services such as user behavior, electronic services, reference effectiveness, and organizational structure and personnel. Both completed research and research in progress will be considered. All researchers, including reference practitioners from all types of libraries, library school faculty and students, and other interested individuals are encouraged to submit a proposal.
The Committee will utilize a "blind" review process to select a maximum of three (3) projects for 25 minute presentations, followed by open discussion.
The selected researchers are expected to present their papers in person at the forum. Criteria for selection are:
* Significance of the study for improving the quality of reference service
* Quality and creativity of the methodology
* Potential for research to fill a gap in reference knowledge or to build on previous studies
* Previously published research or research accepted for publication by December 1, 2001 will not be acceptable
Please submit a one-page proposal by January 1, 2002. Notification of acceptance will be made by March 15, 2002. The submission must consist of no more than two pages. On the first page, please list your name(s), title(s), institutional affiliation, and address (including your mail address, fax number and email address).
The second page should NOT show your name or any personal information. Instead, it must include:
· The title of your project
· An explicit statement of the research problem
· A description of the research methodology used
Please send submissions to:
Arts and Humanities Library
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802-1803