Education & Professional Development for Reference Committee
Midwinter Meeting Minutes
January, 21, 2007
8:00 – 10:00am
Present: Anne Behler, Hilary Kraus, Kate Mossman, Teresa Omidsalar, Michele Roubal, Lise Snyder, Lynn Westbrook
Guests: Alexandra Gagne, Kathy Makenes, Denise Shorey.
1. Welcome and introductions. Lise and Teresa welcomed guests who are interested in joining the committee. They were encouraged to submit appointment forms if interested in becoming committee members.
2. Teresa asked for a volunteer to serve the committee liaison to the RSS web administrator, Virginia Cole. Michele Roubal volunteered. Teresa and Lise will send contact information to Virginia.
3. Since the deadline for requesting additional committee meeting time is Feb. 5, 2007, the committee decided to request a meeting time for Sunday, June 24, 8:00 –10:00am.
4. Lise encouraged the incoming co-chairs, Kate Mossman and Lynn Westbrook, to attend the Committee Chair Orientation which will take place at the beginning of the RSS Board Meeting scheduled for Saturday, June 23, 2007. Lise and Teresa also reminded the committee that they will ask to remain on the committee as members.
3. Survey discussion. Completed the revision of the reference practitioner survey instrument. Completed the revision of the reference supervisor survey instrument.
4. The remainder of the meeting was devoted to discussing pre-testing the survey and identifying an appropriate survey sampling.
• Lise and Teresa will investigate the ALA survey approval process.
• Lynn Westbrook led the discussion on how to go about identifying the sampling group
• Lise and Teresa volunteered to write the cover email to go along with the sampling survey.
• Lynn Westbrook will look into using Survey Monkey at UT Austin.
• The committee discussed how the survey will be disseminated, e.g. using discussion lists, etc.
• Anne Behler will look into using the survey tool available at Penn State.
Minutes prepared by T. Omidsalar