Reference Services Section
Saturday, Jan. 21, 2006 4:00 – 6:00pm
Education and Professional Development for Reference Committee Minutes
Present: Shelby Anfenson-Comeau, Hilary Kraus,Teresa Omidsalar, Michelle Roubal, Lise Snyder, and Leslie Sult
Guests: Mohammad Mirfakhi, Lynn Scott
2. Recapped the morning meeting for the guests present.
3. Reported on the Executive Board meeting held following our meeting: After reporting the committee’s plans to create and administer a survey, we were informed that
- there is an ALA office that can assist us with the process.
- The RSS All Committee Meeting is already scheduled for ALA Annual in New
Orleans: Saturday, June 24, 8:00 – 10:00am. Please put this on your
- Lise and Teresa discovered that it was too late to reserve a formal meeting
time and location for a second meeting at ALA Annual, so if our committee
decides that we need to have one, as we did for Midwinter, we will need to
- Lise and Teresa went over the discussion about the appointment process for
RSS committee chairs. This involves current Chair(s) identifying continuing
committee members that are interested in being chair and making a recommendation.
All members of our committee were appointed for two years so if you wish to
extend your membership beyond Annual 2007, they should ask for reappointment
in Fall/Winter 2006.
4. Those present who had attended Michael Gorman’s Forum on Education for Librarianship described the program. Those who attended found the forum interesting and thought-provoking, but felt that it did not offer anything specific for our committee.