Established in 2001 at the Annual Conference in San Francisco.
To conduct the MARS section review as required by ALA and RUSA procedures.
Five to seven members, which shall include the Task Force chair, the three MARS members-at-large and the MARS representative to the RUSA Organization Committee. In addition the MARS Chair, Vice-Chair, Historian, and Historian-in-Training shall serve as ex officio members.
- Term of Office
Two years from initial appointment, or until the completion of all duties.
- Specific Duties
- To coordinate all elements of the section review to take place between the 2001 and 2002 Annual Meetings.
- To evaluate the usefulness and effectiveness of MARS and its standing committees and discussion groups, and to recommend any changes in structures.
- To seek broad input into the section review process, particularly through electronic means.
- To conduct the evaluation of all MARS standing committees and discussion groups at the 2002 New Orleans Midwinter Meeting.
- To develop methods of evaluating those MARS groups that conduct their entire work virtually.
- To incorporate a response to RUSA's call for the evaluation of virtual committee members into the review process.
- To produce a written report by the 2003 Philadelphia Midwinter Meeting.
- To meet with the MARS Executive Committee and RUSA Organization Committee about the section review process.
Reports of the Task Force