MARS Management of Electronic Resources and Services (MERS) Committee
To create, collect, analyze, and disseminate information on all aspects of management of electronic resources and tools for reference services. These aspects include planning, personnel, budget, organization, evaluation, facilities management, coordination and promotion, with emphasis on the role of the manager.
Past MERS Projects
- Virtual Poster Session on Virtual Reference 2008! "Changing VR based on evaluation" Poster session winners were announced at the MARS Chair’s Program, “Is Face-to-Face Reference Dying,”
June 29, 2008, in Hyatt Grand A during the ALAAnnual Conference held in Anaheim, CA.
Virtual Poster Session on Virtual Reference 2007! "Evaluation Virtual Reference Services". Four virtual posters were accepted from submissions. Winners were announced at "Harvesting the Hive: Social Networks and Libraries", the MARS Chair's Program. View thewinning posters .
We revised the Guidelines for the Introduction of Electronic Information Resources to Users. This revision was approved by the RUSA Board of Directors in June 2006. The original version had been approved by the RUSA Board of Directors in June 1997.
The Specialist Model for Reference Services in the Virtual Reference Environment, Discussion Forum, ALA Midwinter 2005 (Boston)
Management Tools and Issues in Digital Reference Program, ALA Annual 2004 (Orlando).
Minutes of Past Meetings
2007 Annual Conference, Washington, DC
- 2007 Midwinter Meeting, Seattle
- 2006 Annual Conference, New Orleans
- 2006 Midwinter Meeting, San Antonio
- 2005 Annual Conference, Chicago
- 2005 Midwinter Meeting, Boston
- 2004 Annual Conference, Orlando
2004 Midwinter Conference, Philadelphia
If you are interested in the work of this committee, please complete a RUSA Online Volunteer Form.