ETS: Emerging Technologies Section
ETS, the Emerging Technologies Section of RUSA (formerly known as MARS), represents the interests of those concerned with attaining the highest possible quality in planning, developing, managing, teaching, or conducting all forms of computer-based reference information services in libraries. The possibilities for professional and personal growth are enormous!
New Name! MARS is now ETS, Emerging Technologies Section!Our section has a new name - recently confirmed by vote in the recent ALA election. Over the course of the next year we will be transitioning from MARS: Emerging Technologies in Reference Section to simply Emerging Technologies Section, so begin to watch for us with our new acronym of ETS.
Spend time in San Fran with ETS!
Our ALA Annual 2015 programming includes:
- Library Guides in an Era of Discovery Layers - Chair's program, Sat 6/27, 1p
- Lessons Learned: Libraries, Course Management Systems and Future Directions - Discussion forum, Sat 6/27, 3p
- ETS and RSS Joint Happy Hour – Sat. 6/27, 5:30-7:30p, ThirstyBear Brewing Co.
- Drones & Robots for Reference? - Discussion forum, Sun 6/28, 3p
- Now You're Talking: Tools to Utilize for Virtual Services - Discussion forum, Sun 6/28, 4:30p
- View all ETS programs and meetings at Annual 2015
- Debbie Bezanson awarded the 2015 ETS Achievement (My Favorite Martian) Award
- Read the Current Issue of Messages from ETS
Conferences & Program Events
- ETS: Emerging Technologies in Reference schedule @ 2015 ALA Annual Conference
Committees & Discussion Groups
- RUSA Online Volunteer Form
- Committees & Discussion Groups: rosters, charges, more information
- Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- Best Free Reference Web Sites Combined Index
- Read Messages from MARS Archive | Current Issue
- ETS Blog | RUSA Blog | RUSQ Online Companion | RUSA Update
- Join the discussion on MARS-L
- Section Review 2007 | Appendix E
- More ETS Publications