BRASS Scheduling Coordinator
Established in 1990.
To work with BRASS committee chairs, other than BRASS Program Planning,which must do its own scheduling, and officers to arrange Midwinter and Annual Conference meetings for BRASS committees.
Term of Office
The scheduling coordinator shall be appointed for a one-year term and may be re-appointed for additional terms up to a total of four years.
One person is appointed to be the scheduling coordinator. The Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect makes the appointment.
- Schedules BRASS committee meetings so there will be a minimum number of conflicts for BRASS committee members. Acts as a central clearinghouse for providing information on no-conflict slots for ALA, RUSA and BRASS events, and on scheduled programs and meetings.
- Informs committee chairs of conflicts as needed and recommends changes when appropriate.
- Acts as liaison to ALA Conference Arrangements Office and RUSA staff to resolve scheduling problems.
- Provides interim and final master schedules of BRASS meetings to committee chairs and BRASS officers.
- Serves as an ex officio member of the BRASS Executive Committee.
- See "Tips for New & Continuing Chairs: Scheduling BRASS Committee Meetings" for detailed responsibilities and procedures.