Established in 1992.
Collect and maintain documents of the history, activities and development of the section BRASS.
Term of Office
One year; may be reappointed indefinitely.
- Serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the BRASS Executive Committee. (Must attend the Annual BRASS Executive meeting each year and send a written report to the Mid-Winter meeting.)
- Attends meetings of the BRASS Executive Committee.
- Collect and maintain material, as outlined below, from Executive and other Committee Chairs. It will be the Executive Committee members' and Committee Chairs' responsibility to provide the archivist with needed material.
- Provide copies of material upon request to Executive and other committee members.
- Not responsible for disseminating material on a regular basis to committee members or membership.
- Collect and maintain items produced, presented, published and/or sponsored by the BRASS Executive Committee, Section committees or sub-committees.
- Additional types or formats of material to be added or deleted from this policy statement shall be decided upon by the Executive Committee at the Annual or Midwinter meetings.
- Maintain the latest 10 years of material received through the BRASS Executive Committee, Section committees or sub-committees, or membership.
- Any materials to be kept longer or shorter than the appointed 10 year time limit shall be decided upon by the Executive Committee at the Annual or Midwinter meetings.
Location/Access of Archives
- The archives shall be located at the appointed archivist's home or place of employment.
Administrative (keep latest 10 years, in original format)
- Organizational Charts
- Policies/Procedures Manual
- Position/Committee Descriptions
- Statements of Purpose
Legal (keep current record plus latest 10 years, in original format)
- Agreements (with RUSA, ALA, etc.)
Program Materials (keep permanently, in original format)
- Films, videos
- Speech/talk notes or text/tapes
Publications (BRASS sponsored) (keep permanently, in original format)
- Membership brochures
- Newsletter: "Update"
- Program materials
Membership Rosters (keep permanently)
- Executive Committee
- Committees and Sub-committees
- General Membership
Records of Historic Interest