BRASS Education Committee
Established in 1988.
To study and review the educational needs of business reference librarians and other librarians involved in providing business reference services; to explore and encourage the development of curriculum and continuing education programs in the area; to sponsor educational activities in the area; and to promote communication between the profession and library educators.
There shall be at least seven (7) members appointed by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect of BRASS. The BRASS Representative to the RUSA Professional Development Committee serves as an ex-officio (nonvoting) mber.
Terms of Office
Members of the committee will serve for two years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a consecutive two-year term. Terms will be staggered so that continuity will be maintained.
- To assess the educational needs and the continuing education needs of business reference librarians and other business librarians involved in providing business reference service.
- To monitor and foster the curriculum development in business reference and information at graduate library schools.
- To develop appropriate means of communicating its findings to the BRASS membership.
- To develop and/or sponsor educational activities in the area of business reference.
- Send a representative to the RUSA Midwinter Book & Media Awards event to announce the winners of the “’Best of the Best’ Business Websites.” Notify publishers or authors of these works.