Business Reference in Public Libraries Committee
BRASS Business Reference in Public Libraries Committee
Established in 1988.
To study, promote, and support the role of business reference in public libraries.
There shall be at least seven (7) members appointed by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect of BRASS.
Terms of Office
Members of the Committee will serve for two years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a consecutive two-year term. Terms will be staggered so that continuity will be maintained.
- To study and foster the role of business reference in public libraries.
- To address issues facing business reference in this environment.
- To liaison with the Public Library Association, Career and Business Services Committee.
Recent Discussion Topics
- Innovative ways to reach the business community: seminars, newsletters, and involvement with community agencies.
- Ready reference business searching: focusing on fee structures, business databases, and online policy statements.
- Business reference phobia: techniques for overcoming the fear of business reference.
- Small business sources.