Business Reference in Academic Libraries Committee
BRASS Business Reference in Academic Libraries Committee
Established in 1988.
To study, promote, and support the role of business reference in academic libraries.
There shall be at least seven (7) members appointed by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect of BRASS.
Terms of Office
Members of the committee will serve for two years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a consecutive two-year term. Terms will be staggered so that continuity will be maintained.
- To study and foster the role of business reference in academic libraries.
- To address issues facing business reference in this environment.
- Librarian relations with faculty
- Serials decisions for business periodicals and reference serials
- Business bibliographic instruction
- Discussion of online and CD-ROM sources
- Accounting information sources
- Creative funding for academic business libraries
- Investment information in academic libraries
- Worked with the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) to provide it with guidance and information that will assist it in evaluating libraries during the accrediting review.