BRASS Membership Directory Manager
Established in 1998.
To keep the BRASS Membership Directory updated and available to members for their use.
Term of Office
The BRASS Membership Directory Manager is a one-year appointment, indefinitely renewable.
One person is appointed to be the BRASS Membership Directory Manager. The Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect makes the appointment.
- Serves as ex-officio member of the BRASS Publications Committee.
- Serves as liaison to the RUSA Office of ALA for membership directory information.
- Coordinates the transfer of electronic directory data of membership names, institutions and states on a semi-annual basis.
- Uses RUSA UPDATE to inform members of the membership list. Removes names as requested.
- Maintains (uploads) data from RUSA to database management program.
- Edits and sorts database and produces two lists of members: last name and state/institution/last name.
- Sends (FTP) electronic lists to BRASS website.
Individuals who request changes to the BRASS Membership Directory will be directed to send changes to ALA.
Data will NOT be archived by BRASS.